Friday, April 5, 2013

Setting New Goals


I'm doing really good maintaining my weight!  Too bad I'm not at goal and NEED to maintain.  I think the many years of yo-yo dieting has caught up with me and my metabolism is shot.  Eating less isn't enough anymore to get the scale to move downward.   I'm up to ten minutes on the stationary bike!  My goal is to ride for twenty minutes by the end of the month.

The scale might not be moving the way I want it to, but I've made progress since deciding to get healthy.  I had three goals to start with and I've accomplished all three!
     The first goal was to eat breakfast every morning.  I can't even imagine NOT having breakfast now.  It makes such a difference in how I feel and how I approach food the rest of the day.
     The second goal was to drink more water and less diet Coke.  I'm happy to say I drink lots more water now.  I still occasionally have a diet Coke but at least it's not the only beverage I drink throughout the day.
     The third goal was to cut  back on sweets.  No one is more surprised than I am at how much I have cut back.  I had to have something sweet every single day.  This didn't affect just my weight but my blood sugar also.  The sweets were killing me, literally.  I still allow myself a treat every week, but just one serving.  There was the binge a couple of weeks ago, but I was able to gain control much sooner than in the past.  This is progress!

So it's time to set and achieve new goals.  Here they are.
     1.  Ride the stationary bike for 20 minutes by the end of April
     2.  Give up foods containing artificial sweeteners
     3.  Keep a food diary.  I keep saying I'm going to do this but I haven't started.  It will help me see what I eat, when I eat, and how it affects my blood sugar.

Have you set or reached goals for your health?  

Have a great weekend!!

xo Annette xo


4 comments:

Meeling said...

Good for you!! It must feel so good to see and feel the progress. :-)

I'm normally pretty careful what I eat and am kind of always in that mindset. Of course days at Disneyland ;-) means a churro, which is fine!

The challenge for me lately, which is something completely new is that my hubby has to watch his fiber intake. He has to (for at least a month or so) be on a low fiber/low residue diet. I don't normally even really think about what I'm throwing together for dinner, but now I'm having to. There's so many "healthy" veggies and stuff that we normally consume that he can't at the moment that I'm having to get a little creative!

Cyndi J said...

Annette, congratulations on the progress you've made so far. Those are some great goals that you met and conquered. It's a tough journey to health for sure. Your new goals are good ones, too. You can do it!

Almost Precious said...

Bravo Annette! Maintaining and not gaining is a good start and as you continue your regime you will start to see the rewards of not just feeling better, but of ounces and pounds melting away. :)

Additionsstyle said...

You are doing so well Annette. Just think a few weeks ago, you were not doing any exercise now you are riding your stationary bike. I think you are doing fantastic. You have set yourself some great goals for April and I am sure you will achieve them all!
Valerie
Everyday Inspired