Friday, March 22, 2013

Friday Follow Up


I've been really frustrated the last couple of weeks.  It seems like no matter how well I stick to my plan I can't loose anything.  I've been riding the exercise bike, but I know it's not helping right now.  At eight minutes a day I'm burning a whole thirty five calories!  I'm okay with that though.  My body is getting used to moving again and that's a good thing.

Last weekend my son was visiting from Denver and it was so wonderful to have the whole family together again.  Of course there was good food and I overindulged.  A lot.  I finally got back on track yesterday.  I surprised myself by not beating myself up for the binge.  I think that's a first!

It's a new week and I feel relieved to be back on track.  One thing I realized is that I really didn't feel so good after eating the fatty and sugary foods.  I was sluggish and lethargic and was in a brain fog.  I didn't like feeling that way after feeling good the last few weeks.  So I learned something and hopefully will remember the lesson the next time I think I want to overindulge.

Do you or have you ever binged on food?   How did it make you feel?

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

xo Annette xo



4 comments:

Meeling said...

Good for you for getting back on track! And when there are happy times and family around, it's hard not to have all the "fun" foods!

It's hard to get back on track after we get off our good routine. For me it's vacations that are tough. Of course I eat lots of things that I normally wouldn't and then my body goes into a bit of a shock when I get back home and eating normal.

*This week, I just wish I could eat. I'm so stressed with my hubby being sick, I have almost no appetite. :(

Additionsstyle said...

Not beating yourself up after overindulging is a big step on this journey. Sometimes you have to enjoy a little and I think that is OK! Recognizing how you feel afterwards is huge, and now you know next time it may not be worth it. Thank you for sharing your stories, they inspire me and want to stay on track with you.
Valerie

Anonymous said...

I find it's amazing how our bodies are dependent on what we eat. I go through cycles of eating really well, and working out regularly (but not anything extreme) and the weight comes right off and I feel fantastic. My energy is up, I sleep well, and I can think clearly.

Then I take a dive...but it actually kinda creeps up on me in slow motion...I want sugar loaded foods, sometimes the whole package, then I get up the next morning in a sugar coma, so now I'm too tired to workout, I can't get it together at work and it goes downhill from there. REPEAT CYCLE!!

I think one of the secrets to success in reaching your goals is to not beat yourself up (points for you!!), to be patient with yourself, and to consistently work at building new lifestyle habits.

One day at a time!! :-)

Debi

Almost Precious said...

Unfortunately the brain controls the body and for some reason the brain gets pleasure from comfort foods such as ice cream and cookies, burgers and fries, not to mention potato chips ! :( So it is a battle between our body and our brain - even though the brain does know what is best for it and the body.