Friday, February 22, 2013

Friday Follow Up~Continuing Progress

source
I've lost seven pounds so far! WooHoo!!!  It was mostly a good week.  There was one night that I became very frustrated and my first thought was to eat.  My bank statement didn't show two deposits and I panicked when I couldn't find the deposit receipts to take to the bank the next day.  I was so stressed about it and Michael suggested we get out of the house and go to dinner to get away from the computer for a little while.  So I was thinking of all my favorite places where I could get the best not good for me appetizer, entree and dessert.  Cheese fries, southwest egg rolls, crab dip, red velvet cupcake, chocolate coca cola cake, and my mind was going crazy trying to decide where to go.  But in the end, I settled on fried pickles, a grilled salmon salad and no dessert.  Maybe not the healthiest choice but not as bad as I wanted to be!  I felt really good that I didn't bury my frustration in something a lot worse.

One of the things I had been putting off and finally did was take my measurements.  I really didn't want to know what they were, but I knew that when I reach my goal I would want to know how many inches I lost.  It was as bad as I thought it would be, but I decided not to dwell on it.  It is what it is and I'm working to make it better.  That's all I can do.
How was your week?

Have a wonderful weekend!

xo Annette xo


2 comments:

Meeling said...

Good for you! You are definitely making great progress. Sometimes little frustrations can make us fall back in to comfortable and not so healthy habits, but sounds like you made a good choice!! :-D

Yay for you!!

Cyndi J said...

That's great, Annette, on the loss. Sounds like you made progress on the dining out! It's hard not to turn to food under stressful situations or those that trigger our urges to eat. And kudos for taking those measurements! When you make your goal, it will be nice to know how far you've truly come.