Friday, February 15, 2013

Friday Follow Up~Making Progress


In the past, when I wanted to lose weight, I joined Weight Watchers.  It's a great plan and I lost weight every time I joined.  I truly enjoyed the meetings and strived to learn something new each week that I could apply to my own circumstances.  At some point, I would start feeling guilty about the money it cost, and I would give up the meetings with every intention of continuing the plan on my own.  I never made it past two weeks before I was back to the bad habits and the weight was creeping back on.

It's been five weeks since I started this journey doing my own food plan.  I feel like I've been liberated!  I'm not counting points or calories.  I'm not weighing or measuring anything.  I'm losing weight on my own!  I'm making healthy choices, being mindful of what I eat, when I eat it and how much I eat.  I haven't deprived myself of anything, and I haven't binged at all.  All of these things add up to a HUGE accomplishment for me.    For the first time ever, I feel in control.  I also feel like what I'm doing is doable for life.

This past week was difficult.  I'm barely sleeping due to not being able to use my Cpap machine.  I'm extremely fatigued and lethargic.  I realized I was mindlessly snacking and not focusing on fixing breakfast or lunch.  In other words, going back to the old habits.  Once I realized what I was doing, and more importantly, WHY I was doing it, I was able to refocus and get back on track.  I think it's so much easier to change behavior once you understand why you're behaving a certain way.

This week I lost 2 pounds for a total of 6!  I'm very happy with my progress so far!

Have a wonderful weekend!

xo Annette xo

4 comments:

Meeling said...

Good for you!! And, yes it's so true, when we realize why we are doing something, it's so much easier to fix.

Keep up the good work!

Cyndi J said...

You are making fantastic progress both in your healthy eating and in understanding why you do what you do. Great job!

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

That's great news, very encouraging to be able to make your own way. Sounds like a lifestyle change which may be long term.

Additionsstyle said...

Congrats on your weight loss! I think doing it for yourself and making the right choices is the way to have eating healthy part of your life for the long run. Recognizing when thing need to change is a giant step and I congrats you on your accomplishments.
Valerie
Everyday Inspired