Thursday, February 14, 2013

Loving Yourself


This is the day set aside each year to tell those we love that we actually love them.  Personally, I think we should be letting them know this every day, but that's just my humble opinion.  I feel truly blessed to know that those close to me love me and they know I love them.  I hope it is the same for you.

We know who we love and who loves us, but do you love yourself?  I think some people can say yes without even thinking about it.  I'm not one of those people.  I had to think about it and realized that the answer is no, I don't think I do.  If I loved myself, I wouldn't be as unhappy as I am with myself and my life right now.  I wouldn't be in this place of self doubt, obesity, and loneliness.  I wouldn't be so afraid to put myself out there and make new friends, or to even just believe in myself.  

I didn't used to be this way.  I explained here on my other blog how I came to be in this place.  Before moving here, I had friends and a life.  I was happy.  I loved myself.

Thank goodness I've already started working on changes that will bring the self love back.  In fact I must love myself at least a little bit to have even taken the first steps towards transformation.

As you make sure the important people in your life know you love them today, take the time to do something special for yourself too.  You are just as important as they are!

Have a very wonderful Thursday!

xo Annette xo

2 comments:

Meeling said...

Lovely post Annette!! And I totally agree with you on letting the people we love know, all the time, not just on a set day.

Happy Valentines Day!! Do a little something special today.

Cyndi J said...

Happy Valentine's Day, Annette. I borrowed a book from the library called "You Can Heal Your Life" by Louise Hay (http://www.hayhouse.com/details.php?id=275). I haven't finished reading it yet (and need to get my own copy) but the basic premise is that if you love yourself, everything else will fall into place. And she shows you how to do that with affirmations. I haven't been putting what this book teaches into practice yet but have plans to do so. You might find this book of benefit, too.