Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Getting Started


Hi and welcome to my new blog about my journey to health and wellness.  I started blogging about this subject on my other blog, So Many Memories, and decided I really need a dedicated space for all the things I want to talk about.  I hope that by sharing this journey with you, we can encourage and support each other, and learn new ways to deal with some of life's everyday struggles.

The issues I struggle with on a daily basis includes weight, type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, and sleep apnea.  My weight is the biggest issue and is the root cause for the other problems.  I need to lose about 120 pounds...a little overwhelming to say the least.  I also struggle with loneliness and depression.

I decided that this is the year that I work on me.  My mind, body and soul all need healing of one sort or another.  My word for the year is transformation.  That's what this journey is about.  Transforming myself inside and out, to be the best woman, wife, mom, and grandma that I can be.  I don't expect it to be easy.  I don't expect it to be quick.  What I do expect is that there will be numerous ups and downs, a lot of tears, and many challenges.  I also expect progress in the midst of it all.

Thank you for your company on this journey!

What struggles would you like to overcome?

Have a great day!

xo Annette xo




7 comments:

Cyndi J said...

Hi, Annette! Pretty much the same struggles other than sleep apnea and diabetes. THIS IS our year! You go, girl.

Kathy said...

Nice debut, Annette, and you know I will be wishing you all the best on this journey!!

Jenni said...

Great start to your new blog, Annette.I hope to see lots of transforming happening here over the year. My own big struggles are with motivation and self belief, sadness from loss in my life overwhelms me at times.
jenni

Additionsstyle said...

Annette, I am looking forward to following you on your journey. I am right their with you struggles with weight and medical issues, but I to am working on a transformation this year and I know this is the year we are going to make it happen.
Valerie
Everyday Inspired

pasqueflower said...

I'll be following your journey with interest.

Meeling said...

Very cool Annette! I'll be following along. Looking forward to joining in on your journey. :-)

Almost Precious said...

Looks like a wonderful start to a most pertinent blog. A number of subjects that touch many of us, myself included.
Right now I need to overcome my depression and learn to let go of some things that are weighing me down so that I can be there 110% for my hubby. He's going to need all my help, understanding and encouragement for the next few months.